[Dailydrool] Basset Hound Cookie Jar

Kathi Lockhart slave2bassets at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 06:09:53 PST 2011

I haven't posted in forever but I always know that I can turn to my drool
friends for help.

I know many of you hoard...I mean, collect...basset crap and often buy
extras of items to donate or auction later on for rescue. I am in desperate
need of a basset hound cookie jar that was designed by Phyllis Driscoll and
produced by Big Sky Carvers. I think it was retired around 2006.

These last couple of weeks have been so hard here at the Little House of
Hounds. On October 30th, I lost Marla and then, this Wednesday, I lost
Beauregard. Two hounds in less than two weeks has been devastating. That
makes 10 hounds in the last 5 years and, to say my heart is breaking, it an
understatement.

When I lose a hound, I always try to find a special box or container for
their ashes, something that is unique to that hound's personality.
Beauregard was a gift for my son, Christopher, in 2001. Christopher asked
if he could pick out Beau's special box and decided he wanted the Big Sky
Carvers cookie jar to use as an urn for Beau's ashes. I have one here but
it is not in perfect condition and I can't find another anywhere online.
Does anyone in Drool Land have one hidden away that I could buy or know
where I could find one? It would mean so much to me and to Christopher.

If you are not sure, I have a picture of one and can send it to you. Thanks
in advance for any help.

Kathi with O'Tay, Jake, Funny, Hannah, and Blondie the bassets, Hershey and
Klause the doxies and, Forever Loved, Einstein, Harriet, Honey, Miss
Droopy, Abbi, Fogarty, Amazing Grace, Sam, Marla, and Beauregard watching
from the Bridge (aka The Little House of Hounds)