[Dailydrool] Baths and scratchy dogs

Jjcsandrcs at aol.com Jjcsandrcs at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 17:03:15 PST 2011

I may be in the minority but we have our 5th and 6th bassets--Rescues from
Carolina Basset Hound Rescue.  We had four before in central OH.  We  NEVER
have bathed any of them feeling that their hound oil is protective for
them.  Some smell and some don't, but it's all natural.  Also ours do  scratch
at their ears but we think that's just normal behavior as they clean  their
ears that way, first thing in the morning  !!  I think a lot of  you may be
causing allergies w/ some of the shampoos out there.

Bassets did NOT have skin allergies 40 years ago when we got our first
Basset. I would never give steroids to a dog unless it was death  dealing.  I
know what prednizone does to me--not pretty or healthy.---Just  my
opinion--Mother of a Lady Vet who grew up w/  Bassets