[Dailydrool] Call Your Vet If Something's Been Swallowed

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 14 22:47:50 PST 2011

I always enjoy reading the Drool, and I have learned soooo much from reading the good, bad and the ugly. I work for a group of veterinarians. I'm the one that answers the phone, and I'm the one that's making the appointments, listening to your pet's problem, and trying to direct the traffic. If your pet swallows anything that he shouldn't have, call your vet. I don't care if it turns out to be nothing, but there's so many little things that can cause trouble. So maybe they got into the trash and shredded a Tampax, but it all seems to be there. But is that little bitty string there because that little bitty string can spell trouble. Bones, sticks, rocks, pocket change, pin cushions (that was MY dog!) gum, plants and chocolate and more chocolate and more chocolate. Better safe than sorry. CALL when you realize they've done it.
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane, Dolly, Bernie and Bunny