[Dailydrool] Vet Recommendation? SF Bay Area - East Bay preferred

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:36:21 PST 2011

We just moved from San Diego, Ca up North to Concord and are need of a new
vet. I was lucky in SD to have a vet that did a lot of work for basset
rescue and was therefore very familiar with the breed. I am hopeful that
one of my awesome fellow Droolers can give me a recommendation of a
basset-knowledgeable vet in the bay area, preferably in the East Bay.
Again, we are in Concord, but are willing to travel if necessary. For big
issues I feel blessed to have UC Davis just an hour away, but I'd prefer to
have a closer vet for regular appts and whatnot.

Rupert is displaying symptoms of pain when yawning but I can't quite
determine if it's his jaw, a tooth, earache or his lymph node. We are
hoping to get him in by the weekend for a check up and to try and determine
the cause of his discomfort. He exhibited occasional signs of this over the
past 2 weeks (on occasion yelping when someone petted/rubbed his ear/jaw
area) but yesterday it became considerably more noticeable and is clearly
affecting his comfort when eating, yawning, playing, etc.

Please let me know if you have a good vet in the area. On or off list is
fine.

Thanks in advance,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert