[Dailydrool] The latest from Miss Angela

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Nov 15 13:34:44 PST 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

A week or two ago, my buddy Don was over and we were watching
the Republican presidential wannabees self destruct on a debate
stage, taking the edge off with a little single malt scotch and having
a little nosh of wheat crackers and a decent white herbed white
cheddar cheese.  When our drinks ran alarmingly dry, we headed
into the kitchen to replenish, giving nary a thought to Miss Angela
who was snoring peacefully on the couch.  We charged up our
glasses and returned to the TV to find the cheese totally gone and
Miss Angela still peacefully deep breathing on the couch.  That hunk
of cheese must have been about 8 to ten ounces forming a bulk
about the size of a Jello box (or what I remember as the size of a
Jello box-I haven't seen one since Reagan was in the White House).
No sign of satisfaction or distress.  No agitation or elation.  Just
laying there, big tail thumping to welcome us back to the couch.

I have kept a close eye out for hints of regurgitation but, other than
a place in the library where the nap of the carpet is a bit stiff (but
totally without chunks or slime), there has been no sign of anything
out of the ordinary.  And, of course, no "Thank you" from the diva.

I got some new neighbors on the north and Miss Angela and I went
out to talk with them recently.  As we talked, Angela rummaged with
enthusiasm in a sandy area where they had filled in after removing
a tree.  I was floored!  There, in front of God and everybody, Miss
Angela, my petite flower, was vigorously unearthing cat crunchies
and eating them.  This is NOT something she does on a regular
basis.  All I can assume is that she was showing off for the new folks.

As the weather gets colder, Miss Angela is giving me stern direction
in use of the fireplace. She likes to sleep on the couch, maybe 6 to 8
feet from the fire.  She  appreciates the warmth and flickering light,
but whenever the fire pops, she gives me a dirty look.  If it pops too
many times, she will get up, give me a scathing look, get down from
the couch and go behind the chair to sleep so that she doesn't have
to be exposed to the popping.  I now have precise instructions on
which kinds of firewood I may burn.  She likes ash and other hard
woods, will put up with many fruitwoods but absolutely forbids me to
use hedge or any other wood that pops violently.

Oh my doG, that is the rankest thing I ever smelled, gotta get out of