[Dailydrool] Christmas tree placement

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:13:21 PST 2011

Ever since Winnie and Charles (both ATB) got into our Christmas gifts and ate several pounds of homemade peanut brittle, we have put our tree (and associated gifts) up on a table.  We had no idea what was in the package from The Colonel's mother, but those two hounds sniffed it out! We use an old kitchen table, covered by a long green tablecloth with a nice dog-oriented tree skirt at the base.  So the table sits about 3 feet tall and we get a 4-6 foot tree.  This means the angel on top touches the ceiling and it is quite lovely!  The price of these shorter trees is always less too so it is a win-win situation. This is the 'big tree'.  The dog tree (the one with all houndie ornaments) usually goes up long before Thanksgiving in the master bedroom so I can lay abed and enjoy it for longer!  This one is smaller and goes dresser-top.  I plan this year, in the new house in Virginia, to put the dog tree up in my library as that is where I spend the majority of my time! I think I may put it up this week!
 GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , RESKU , HORSEKU, BIRDKU and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with TOM SCHRECK! www.gspotsylvania.wordpress.com/