[Dailydrool] Toffee's home. Christmas trees & ACV

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Thu Nov 17 11:15:11 PST 2011

Toffee's home and doing fine in fact she's quite "spunky" this morning. Doing her usually tap dance around the kitchen. She's on rimadyl and cephlexin for the next week. The vet who did her surgery came out to tell me she is totally in love with my sweet old girl. She also said Toffee has a heart murmur. She feels it's age related and not anything to worry about for now. Toffee also had a much needed dental done too. They pulled three molars on the right side but everything else looks good. Thanks so much for all the drool and the prayers. I really appreciate all the moral support too.

Ah, Christmas trees.....we don't put one up anymore unless it's our turn to have the family gathering at our house but when we do it's either set up in a room where the hounds don't have access to it or it's set up on a table. Since I like a real live tree and a BIG one these newfangled plastic jobs don't really excite me. I have one but it usually ends up staying in the box accept for the year I put all the cards I got from the holiday card exchange on it. If I splurge and get myself a real tree, I set it up on top of a wooden box and put x-pens around it with plastic lattice attached to the x-pens. It sort of looks like an old fashioned christmas tree you'd see outdoors in a fenced yard. All the trimmings are up off the floor about 2 feet. No one seems to bother it if I put the set of lights on it that twinkle. I've also set up a baby monitor when I had pupsters so that if I see one approaching the tree or hear ornaments falling I can "speak" to the culprit even if I can't see them. Usually, a quick "Hey, what cha' doing near that tree?" does the trick. Then the offending party comes running to tell me that they heard a "voice for above". Who is that Momma?

ACV, the real stuff is a great thing. I've used it for decades. We give it to our goats in their drinking water. The same works for dogs. Just start out with a small amount and increase gradually. They learn to love it. Mine will sniff the water and give me a funny look if I haven't added the ACV. Be sure to buy real apple cider vinegar and not apple cider "flavored" vinegar. To make sure it's the real thing, check the ingredients list for "apples". Real apple cider vinegar is made from apples. If apples are not in the ingredients list, it's NOT the real thing. Heinz is the only brand I've found in grocery stores here that lists apples in the ingredients and only on the 16 oz. size bottles. The gallon size does not. So read those labels to make sure you are getting the real thing. Organic ACV is also available at health food stores and from other sources online. I'm a Dynamite Marketing distributor and they have an all natural ACV but it's pretty spendy. I would guarantee it to be the best quality you can get anywhere.

Someone mentioned gout and I know that my Dad used to take ACV and he had gout. It can also aid in weight loss for some people. Can't hurt ya and can be good for ya and the critters too.

Jacqie Marvich and the "Toffee Dog" who feelers fine this morning.
Oakrydge Bassets