[Dailydrool] Shelter challenge update

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 11:26:20 PST 2011

Well, the results for this week's weekly winners were just posted and we didn't win! (yet) I was sure we would have--BaRCSE is in sixth place nationally. The winners of the first five weekly challenges were #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5. But this week's winner was #7, skipping over the top of us!! What happened? Looks like there has been a sudden surge of voting for some of the lower ranked top tens, such that their weekly gains were greater than ours. We are still first in the state after the Humane Society of McCormick County (which is not eligible for the state prize, having won a weekly prize), so if we keep on voting full strength we still stand a good chance of winning either a weekly prize or the state. BUT--everyone needs to keep on voting. This time it is not an easy contest.

Last Drool there was another SC rescue that mentioned they'd like to be considered for a blitz voting push IF BaRCSE wins a weekly challenge in the next week or so, (taking BaRCSE out of the state contest). Let's keep them in mind.

So....vote vote vote. Go to your Internet Search engine. Type in Shelter Challenge. Hit the first entry. Type in Basset Rescue Crew of the Southeast in the name slot and SC in the state slot. Hit Search so the name appears next to the vote button. Hit vote. A new page comes up. Copy the letters and numbers and hit confirm.

I know we can win one of these prizes for BaRCSE.