[Dailydrool] Oh dear--I'm responsible for all the confusion. My bad.

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 16:51:20 PST 2011

Aloha all. I'm the one responsible for all the confusion about the Shelter Challenge. My bad. Jean was responding to a post of mine.

We are all voting for BaRCSE. No controversy here. Go Basset power.

I started the confusion by reading the Shelter Challenge rules. lol. Figures. I discovered a clause that says "Weekly winners win a $1000 prize, but are not eligible to win their state in that same voting period contest". Okay. What that means at the moment is that BaRCSE is actually "first" in the state of South Carolina in terms of winning the state prize BECAUSE the actual frontrunner (Humane Society of McCormick County) just won a weekly prize (therby taking them out of the state competition). Wonderful. Keep voting for BaRCSE. I think we'll win the state if we do.

Where I messed everyone up was by continuing to speculate. Bad Val. I thought out loud on the Drool: "Well, what happens if BaRCSE wins a weekly prize too?" I fully expected this to happen this week, but it didn't. If BaRCSE should win a weekly prize, we'll have won them $1000 with a couple of weeks left in the challenge and they'll be out of the state running for the state prize too. I went on to speculate that I didn't think we could take the Grand Prize because we're pretty far behind the frontrunner for that one. (We're sixth nationwide). Weekly winners are eligible for the grand prize in the same voting period (just not the state prize). So....I had gone on speculating. IF BaRCSE won a weekly prize, and IF droolers felt we couldn't also take the grand prize, and (contingent on winning a weekly prize and thereby falling out of the state running)...are you still with me?, IF, IF, THEREBY; THEN I wondered if it would make any sense at that point--and
 only at that point--to think about re-strategizing for the last two or three weeks of the challenge. IF, IF, THEREBY, THEN--I wondered if our doing a two week blitz for any other basset rescue near the top in their respective state would allow us to earn winnings for BaRCSE first, and then a second rescue too. I definitely don't want to encourage splitting votes or doing anything except full steam ahead with BaRCSE until we've secured them at least $1000, and if Droolers think we stand a chance at the Grand Prize, that too.

So I apologize heartily for confusing everyone--Wendie, Debbie, Jean. I'll try to be clearer and not get ahead of myself in the future. Since we have NOT yet won a weekly or a state prize for BaRCSE, it is full speed ahead, vote for BaRCSE now. Val (sheepishly. like the king said of Mozart in Amadeus: "too many notes".