[Dailydrool] A True HERO walks among us!!!!

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Nov 17 17:28:06 PST 2011

Momma here. I have a wonderful story to share with everyone tonight. I have permission to tell the world of a true basset hero!!
Meet Rocky basset hound-- the hero. Rocky is the constant companion to Sammie, a drooler out of Colorado that I correspond with. Sammie like all of us Droolers, is very passionate about Rocky, and dare I say he might be a tad spoiled-----
Here is what happened. Sammie has night time sleeping machines, Rocky has no problem with this, he is used to the patterns of the machine, he simply curls up next to Sammie and in true basset fashion and snores away. Last week there was a problem. Sammie stopped breathing, the warning beeping of the machine did not wake her, but Rocky must of known something was drastically wrong. Rocky got in Sammies face, snooter smaking Sammie, hopping around on the bed, not stopping until Sammie somehow came to. Sammie said she had a hard time waking, the machine was going nuts, but Rocky was not giving up until his master was breathing, had her eyes opened and she was moving. Back and forth he paced on the bed---
If not for Rocky, well I shudder to think.
We all know how special a basset is, but Rocky is a hero, special not only because he is a basset, but he saved Sammies life.
I say we give a big 4 paws up to Rocky!!!
And if you would like to give Rocky a woo hoo shout off list, you can find Sammie and Rocky at bassethoundawg at gmail.com
Rocky, the Beach Gang salutes you---a hero in basset paws!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake