[Dailydrool] Bosley's Ears Update

Kenneth Miller klmiller at rev.net
Fri Nov 18 08:40:55 PST 2011

First off, healing drool to all those in need, and our thoughts and prayers are with those who lost houndies to the bridge.

I promised to update the list on Bosley's ear issues that I mentioned just over two weeks ago, in hopes that it may help someone else as well.

Just to recap, Bosley has had a terrible Pseudomonas infection in both ears, that has been going on far too long.

The vet has tried a treatment of BNT (Baytril/Ketoconazole/Trimcininolone) which is put inside his ear canal while he is under. I had him back to the vets for a follow up on Wednesday.

The vet is encouraged by his progress, his left ear is still worse than the right ear, but that is how it started, first in the left, then moved to the right. But he is healing, his scratching is far, far less. Bos is a much happier boy, his eyes are bright, and he is much more lively.

Regardless, while he was under, the vet put another application of the BNT and we'll go back in two weeks for another session to judge progress. The vet said that Bos' ears will be the true test for this treatment.

We have also changed out his food to a ground turkey an brown rice diet for now which he loves. He has also acquired a very bad habit of waking up about 5 am and wanting breakfast, and you know how persistent they can be. He'll stand there whining for his food until we get up at 6 or so.

His skin is looking better, we finished the course of antibiotics on Wednesday,so, we'll see what happens, but I hope the boy is really on the road to full recovery.

Thanks for all the advice and comments.

Best
Ken and Bosley with Edsel (ATB)