[Dailydrool] eating too fast

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 05:31:37 PST 2011

They make bowls specifically for dogs who eat too fast and gulp air.
Believe it or not I had a horse that did this and then would get huge gobs
of oats stuck in his throat and I would have to massage it or reach down
his throat and break it up. (Reaching down a horse's throat is a very scary
thing to do!!) Anyway I put cinders (big ones) in his feed bowl and that
meant he had to eat around the rocks. It worked. This is the same principle
used in the dog dishes-- they have nobby things in them that the dog has to
eat AROUND, which takes more time.
Some people solve the problem by scattering dry food on the floor, making
the dog  look for it, slowing him down.
I would also give the Gas-X.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis,Conley & Cooper