[Dailydrool] Frank the Tank

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:18:58 PST 2011

Nancy,
Radar did this very same thing a couple of weeks ago, gulping air,
licking the carpet/air and drooling.  It happened after breakfast then
he settled but when it happened after lunch I knew something was wrong.
He has a history of two bloat episodes without the twisting.  So, when
he started this the other day I called the vet and brought him right in
for an x-ray.  His belly was fine, thankfully, but he did have gas in
his intestines.  He let out a big cough before we left the house so not
sure if this helped move the gas along or not.  He had an acupuncture
treatment and all was fine afterward.  Just to be on the safe side I
have started to give him one GasX pill with his dinner at night just to
clear up any gas in his system.  He too is a FAST eater and nothing
slows him down much and he usually lets out quite a burp when he is done
with his meals.
You might want to try and either give Frank a GasX with a meal or give
him one when he starts his symptoms (which I have done as well).
This is just what we do with Radar.  Thought I'd pass it along in case
it helps.
Take care,
Cheryl
Otter, Radar, Mollie and Jefro