[Dailydrool] Gotcha day, year two for Pierre Jr.

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:00:04 PST 2011

How time flies.  How this "monster"/bundle of joy has changed my life for the better.  He is the right dog at the right time.  He gives me enough angst so I keep on my toes, but he is so much love.  He completely healed my heart from my loss of Sr. (never forgotten and always loved).  He is enough trouble that I have to socialize him, thus, socializing myself.  He is enough joy that I feel blessed.  I call him a blessing and a curse, but he is all blessing.  I needed a poke to get myself out of the Mom funk.
Two weeks after he came home, Mom fell and started her journey of healing in institutions, all with the hope we could bring her home, and that hope is still intact, but now is not the time yet.  (The first rehab was such a nightmare, then transfer to Assisted Living was better, until it got worse, and her current nursing home seems adequate, one day at a time). She is stable, in decline, but she seems to be without pain, and the staff takes great care of her.
Oddly, it is Jr. who is the dog who only knew Mom for two weeks is the one zealous to visit her.  He snarks a grrrfff at me if I leave without him, if I can even get out the door since he charges at it, or he nips me as if to say, Hey, I must go.  It is not a mean nip, it is an attention getting nip, doesn't even hurt.
Jr. loved the Assisted Living where Mom was for about a year.  He made a lot of friends, human and canine.  I made friends as well, especially with those involved in canine activities.
Because he needed exercise and exposure, Jr. and I did a lot of walking adventures with canine groups.  We stumbled upon Doggie U, and Jr. enrolled, and he began his formal education.  He has his CGC now, and he has a few moves.  He is a wonderful car dog.  I don't take him out in the warm weather, but temperature permitting, he is my constant companion.  I would never leave him in the car no matter what the weather for more than 5 to 10 minutes, and the back seat of my somewhat new Honda Accord is his Thrown.   He respects his space, and I have no fear of car destruction.  He likes to accompany me on simple chores, like a ride to the post office (drive by drop box), or the bank (drive by window, treats are given), or the pet store, but he can come in with me there.
He has changed my life for the better.  He keeps me in my place when needed.  I am grateful to be his slave.
I LOVE YOU, BABY PUPPY BOY (he will always be baby puppy boy, as he is the youngest of the herd), THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF OUR FAMILY!!!  HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, PIERRE JR., I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the herd