[Dailydrool] Puppies

nreitzusa at aim.com nreitzusa at aim.com
Tue Nov 22 14:20:32 PST 2011

Hello, everyone,
It's me, Amy, woofing in for my mom who is up to her neck in Buppies!
She took in a foster from Animal Welfare for 4 the Hounds Basset Rescue
out of Missouri and no one knew Zoe was going to have babies.  When Mom
picked Zoe up, she was so sick, and so skinny Mom just took her right
to the vetman for treatment.  Anyway, we got Zoe cured of her pneumonia
and junk and everyone was thrilled she was putting on some weight.
Little did we know!  A few weeks later, Mom took her back to the vetman
for a checkup and bath, and the vetman told my mom Zoe was going to
have puppies!  She did, within a week.  Eight of them.  They are basset
 from their mama, and North American Fence Jumper from their dad.  Only
five of them survived, and I have five little rugrats driving my crazy
now.  Three girls and two boys.  They are cute, Mom says, but I think
they're just pests!  I want them gone!  They're weaned, and mom Zoe has
a forever home as soon as she gets through Heartworm treatment.  Can
someone in Drool land go to the 4 the Hounds website
(www.4thehounds.org) and maybe take one of these brats?  Desperate
times call for desperate measures and I want my mom back!!
Mom here.  Yes, we have five of the cutest little guys I've seen in a
while.  They are mostly black and brown and were born the middle of
September.  They have been wormed and had their first puppy shots and
are full of vim and vigor.  They are learning from their mom and the
other fosters (and Amy) how to behave and how to play.  They love their
kongs and rope pull toy.  Most of them look to have the basset body,
and some of them have the longer ears.  Sending drool to those needing
it.

Nancy (and Amy, and Quinn, Tessa, Bob, Zoe, and the five babies)