[Dailydrool] Truman

Karen Gelston kjgelston at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 15:21:47 PST 2011

Our ten year basset Truman has been in excellent health.  Over the last ten days we hear him yelping for no apparent reason.  We wondered if he was developing arthritis so we took him to the vet.
No evidence of arthritis..   He did a comprehensive blood panel and all were within normal limits.  It seems that his vision is deteriorating and he cringes when approached unless we speak first.
He has become withdrawn and reclusive.  He will not stay on our bed or sleep on his.  He used to be a couch potato but now will not come up on the couch.  These behavioral changes have all taken place within the last
several days.  I am wondering if there is some type of dementia.  He is eating, peeing, pooping and is always receptive to treats. He goes for walks with no problem.
He seems fearful and withdrawn .  Any suggestions for us to consider.