[Dailydrool] Snoopys Thanksgiving

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 25 09:25:36 PST 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here,

Whew.  What a day at our house yesterday.  First off momPerson got up before 7AM
and rushed off to play in the street.  Yup, you know momPerson, she heard 21,000
people were going to be playing in the street in downtown San Jose and she
couldn't miss it.  Something about 10K.  Well, I have no idea what she was
talking about because she didn't come home any richer, just sweaty.  I have told
her and told her about playing in the street.  She doesn't listen.

So then she came home and she got out the bird and she stuffed breadcrumbs mixed
with onions and celery and spices up his butt.  She put more where his head used
to be and stuffed his whole self into the oven for the rest of the morning and
all of the afternoon.

I was almost a good boy.  Really.  momPerson has been frantically checking the
computer and insisting that I stay off until she checks and then she was
frantically deleting a drool yesterday .... something about a turkey ... can
somebody please repost because Snoopy missed it!  Well, about the almost part.
 Cyrus and I played nicely and were sweet all day.  We were even chewing our
squeaky balls side by side with our noses inches apart in the living room.
 Right up until that bird came out of the oven.  And that's when the fight
started ......

You see, Cyrus is a long legger and he is SO tall he can just stick his nose
right up over the counter if he wants to sniff something (like a turkey) and he
did and I lost it and I yelled and I snapped at him!  And he turned and gave me
the stink eye and yelled and snapped right back.  And we were both a yellin and
a snappin the likes of which you seriously don't want to see and we both got
sent out back to "settle our differences."  Well, our difference of opinion was
around who's turkey it was and the turkey was INSIDE and we were OUTSIDE so ...
we lay down on the stoop together and watched them eat.  momPerson made up our
bowls with turkey and stuffing and momPerson's home made gravey (she may be
clueless but she CAN cook) and little bit of kibble too. We ate those outside
and they finished and cleared the table inside and we came back in.  momPerson
looked us over and for all our hooting and hollering it turns out neither one of
us has so much as a scratch.  We are evidently not very good at this dog fight
stuff.

Hope everybody had a happy thanksgiving.  Drool to all in need.

More later from Snoopy