[Dailydrool] aggression

Racetrcker at aol.com Racetrcker at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 08:28:04 PST 2011

It's Carol again with another question for anyone who has had a similar
situation.  Our sweet old Rocky will be 11 on New Year's Eve and has  several
medical problems requiring multiple medications each day.  But he  is still
a happy dog and enjoys his acupuncture treatments every two  weeks.   We
have had him since he was about six months  old.   When his sister, Lexie, died
a couple of years ago he was very  lonesome and so we got Maddie who was
about four years old at the  time.   She has always been jealous of any
attention Rocky gets but is  really getting a lot worse about it now.  She has
started to attack him for  no reason at times, sometimes when he is just trying
to come into the room we  are in, sometimes when he is just relaxing and
not bothering her at all.   He really can't protect himself well from her and
we are afraid she is really  going to hurt him one of these days.   We have
thought about getting a  muzzle for her but don't know if that would be the
answer or not.  How have  any of you dealt with a jealousy problem like this?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Carol