[Dailydrool] Bassets and Christmas Trees

Jan and John bassetlvr at mchsi.com
Sun Nov 20 07:30:59 PST 2011

Yes, we put up a Christmas tree and all the decorations.  Jace has pretty much left all of the ornaments alone, except for one.  It’s a beautifully decorated styrofoam ball that he loves to push with his nose to make a sound against the branches.

Sterling has eaten ornaments and the first year we got him, he tried chewing on a couple of lights.  I was in the other room, heard a “crunch” and a yelp.  Guess he got a shock from the lights and has never touched them since.  When we put up the tree, they both check it out and then leave it alone pretty much.

The presents are a temptation...they both will pull the bows off of the presents.  Their presents don’t go under the tree until Christmas eve.  What’s really funny is if we are discussing what we are getting them for Christmas in front of them, we cover their ears!!!!

Jan, John, Jace and Sterling
Spirit Lake, IA