[Dailydrool] Bloat

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Nov 25 09:11:24 PST 2011

Wanted to add a line on the bloat topic,  Pam had mentioned prevention.

I do NOT know if this is true, so please someone correct me if it is not.  I
have not asked a vet about this, mostly because it has never related to any
of our hounds.

I was told that it is relatively easy, as far as surgeries go, when doing a
spay on a female, to go ahead and tack the stomach,  so at least a full
torsion bloat could be prevented.  Sounds logical to just ask them to go
ahead and add this procedure in as long as the hound in under.   Having
older ones,  I rarely get one who has not been altered, so not sure about
this.  Of course, the males are a different story.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and all are resting from the
festivities today.

Drool to all in need.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us