[Dailydrool] Leather furniture

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 21:32:59 PST 2011

I have leather couches and recliners, two of each. There are different grades of leather. My first set from Ashley Furniture cost $2,000 and did not hold up at all. I thought if I bought their most expensive ones, they'd be the best. Wrong! The cushions peeled. They sent me new cushions and they peeled. Four years later and three new sets of cushions later, I gave up. Some sofas have a painted surface on them, beware. My new set is just a plain color, no variations at all, and so far, so good. I just got them in August. I do cover the cushions though because their nails will scratch it. Some couches look already scratched though. I prefer no scratches if possible. The recliners are from La-z-boy and I've never had a problem with them. I rarely get to sit in them (but Yogi and Carlie Jane definitely give them a 4 paws up rating). Thankfully nobody has ever attempted to taste them.
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane, Dolly, Bernie and Bunny