[Dailydrool] it is official!

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sat Oct 1 10:42:46 PDT 2011

Senior Houndsabound has won a 10,000 grant with the Pepsi Refresh Project,
the one so many of you were voting for this past month!

Thank you to everyone who helped us get there,  we dropped down to 12th
place, but the top 15 get their grants.

I will not speak for the other two Basset rescues in the voting, but they
are probably just as happy as I am right now!

Droolers have helped once again!  You should be very proud of what you all
are doing.

In times when it is hard for  folks to part with their own money for a
rescue, voting can be a very viable alternative to help get money to a
rescue,  so keep up voting wherever, however!

Our project was specific to get the Bounders room updated and purchase a
large portable generator for power outages.

Sadly, we could not even apply for medical needs as we would have been
turned down( and were turned down when I tried to apply for medical needs)
to even have a chance, so we opted to go for what I consider some luxury
items and will be getting some new crates, bedding,  the generator,  and
some other items, and having their room redone a bit.

Oh,  a buildup of food/water supply was in there also.  Once I get that we
will just rotate stock, so we always have that inventory for a crisis. Pat
hates it, but I use our back bathroom with walk in shower for storage.
Heck, there are 2 other bathrooms and only 2 people here... Anyhow,  we won,
and thank you all for your help in getting us so far in this contest!

Drool to all in need!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!