[Dailydrool] today's calendar boy Gus

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 06:04:21 PDT 2011

we are celebrating our 2nd Gotcha Day today!  2 years ago today, we met which was one day before Gus was scheduled to go to the bridge.  i truly feel inadequate in describing the love and joy he has brought me.  he is THE MAN!  that day he weighed 38 pounds, all skin and bones.  today he tips the scale at 52 and our vet tells us he's perfect!  he's a cuddler to the 9th degree so in addition to all his antics, he loves the arms of his mom around him.  at night, while watching tv, he'll stretch his body right up the side of mine, plant his head on my chest and just stare at me before the snoring starts while my right arm is wrapped around him.  that lasts about 1/2 hour until he'll change to a more stretched- out- on- his- side- normal- dog- position.  when my cars rounds the car, i can hear his barking start and will continue until he hears me through the window, "mama's home, honey!"
today started with his goodnight song being sung to him, "you are my sunshine".  he will have a steak for lunch followed by a cake from our local pet bakery, and shared with his pals from the neighborhood.  tonight, ice cream from the local ice cream shop where he is loved and given his favorite, fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt.
and then, the cuddling will start all over again, with a prayer for  many more years together.
i love you, gus, more than my words can ever say.  i hope over these two years, you have learned what all my "i love you"s ,mean...
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-i gets it mama, i'm perfect and yous happy.  we be berry lucky.