[Dailydrool] Quincey's Quests

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sat Oct 1 20:01:51 PDT 2011

Hi There!

Mom says I have to introduce myself before I tell you about my "quest" (a
fancy word for adventures) coz it is the pawlite thing to do.  My name is
Red Bay Quincey and I am the youngest of the infamous Red Bay Gang.  I am
only 7 months old but I have lots to say.  Mom says I was born with
something to say and started talking back when I was only 10 days old.

I have been out and about with the rest of the gang since back in May when
some of you met me at the Michigan Basset Waddle.  Since then I have been to
some other parties in Pennsylvania and Ohio.  Mom says they are dog shows
but I know a party when I see one!   Yes, there are lots of dogs there and I
even got to play dog show in one of those square rings that my Great-Grampa
Nick used to write about.  My big sister Lena and big brother Stachie and
sometimes Uncle Norm go play in the square ring too.  I thought it was fun
coz I got lots of treats and pets and made people laugh by going "flat
basset" when I got tired.

I knew we were going to go to another party . I mean dog show . on Thursday,
when Mom the grooming terrorist ground off our toebones, cleaned our ears,
brushed our toofers and gave us ALL bathes in ONE DAY!  Sure enough, on
Friday morning, Mom and Dad loaded all of us up into Large Marge (that is
our big Red Bay truck) and we took a ride down to Kentucky.

When we got to Kentucky, I knew right away that this was not the regular
kind of dog show.  First of all, there are no big grassy fields for our
xpens . they are set up in a parking lot!  The indignity of it all!!   And
Mom has to walk us to go potty coz we don't like they stuff they call
ass-fault.  But the BIG DIFFERENCE is that the only dogs here are basset
hounds.  Mom says it is Basset Nationals but I think it is a family reunion!

I have met a lot of new people so far . Auntie Melissa Joleka came over
today and help mom take us all of a walk.  Then tonight, Auntie Shelly
Gordon from the ABC Slobber Shoppe came in.  And I all of the Topsfield dogs
are hanging out right across from us, and some bassets from Virginia called
the Barnyard Bassets are just down the way.  Tomorrow Mom says lots more
people and bassets will come.

I will keep you all posted . and if you are coming to Kentucky . we all want
more walks (Stachie told me to say that!

Right now it is time for bed and my night-night cookie, so I will bark at
you all a when I have more to report.

Woofs and Kisses,

Quincey