[Dailydrool] Helping Alice

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 11:08:43 PDT 2011

Like most of you, I have been touched by the plight of poor Alice who has been taken in by Basset Rescue of Florida.
http://chesterthebasset.chipin.com/alices-formerly-julie-veterinary-costs

So, I discussed it with Rolph and Clara and they pointed out I had already raided their cookie jar and my piggy bank and they're both looking a bit empty. Then Clara had an idea. She suggested I put her French fancy dress costume up on Houndsbay.

This costume will only fit a SMALL BASSET. Clara is small. When she plays with 6 or 7-month-old basset puppies she is the same size as them. So, this will fit a very pawteet basset - or a wannabe, such as a whippet maybe, or a smaller spaniel.

It is a readymade costume. The beret is hand made with a little elastic chin strap, the T-shirt is shop bought (toddler), with blue and white stripes and Sweetie embellished across the front in red sequins. I will even buy a fake garlic string to go with it (I used the real thing - big mistake).

Starting bid $10 - which won't even cover my postage. So, come on. Help Alice and get a cute outfit for a dog near you. It's under Basset Clothes.

Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK