[Dailydrool] Plump Violet ATB Oct. 5

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 21:29:44 PDT 2011

Oh how the years seem to roll on by, and how the tears just keep  flowing.
I've been having computer problems for a bit, so posting and reading is in
a slow pattern these days.
Today was a tough one.

For those old timers, you may remember Sue's "Plump Violet" - she who made
her slave cook doggie cookies and ship them all over the country.  What
hound around can ever forget the bon-bons? I first met Plump Violet in 2001
when  a move to the Palmdale area found a drooler close by - and Violet came
to stay  many a week, weekend entertaining our hounds - now all at the
bridge.  When  Daphneyland became a reality in 2002, Violet was a regular visitor
and enjoyed  many many stays at the ranch, meeting all the hounds and never
arriving empty  handed - those Bon-Bons were Cocshall's favorite.  Barnaby
just loved  Violet, but Cocshall waited for those c-o-o-k-i-e-s.  There are
hounds who  come into your life as a friend, and become family, Violet is
without doubt one  of our own.

Several years back Sue faced some hard times and a life changing work
issue, Sue had some health issues and one day a phone call came in - Violet had
instructed her mom to call Basset911 before calling 911and thus Violet
began  spending weeks here at Daphneyland and weekends with her Mom.  Over the
course of time Violet became a Daphneyland Resident and moved on in.
Loosing her hearing she became a bit of a crusty old gal, and would steal chairs
from guests, grumble at those who annoyed her, and snarf at young whipper
snappers.  Pw. Violet has been royalty for almost as long as I can
remember, and that long ago pup with a twisted leg has ruled Daphneyland with  her
velvet paw for many years now. Sue was trying to figure out a way to bring
Violet back home with her and last week during Sue's visit we had talked
about  this. Violet took the difficulties of this right out of her Mom's hands.

Last night during singing and cookie time, Violet and I had some time
together, this morning she had crossed to the bridge.  The tears have  flowed
throughout the day as the memories flood in - loosing Violet has brought  back
so many memories of hounds now ATB - what a grand party they must be
having! Bon-Bon's for everyone.  I know without doubt Cocshall, Barnaby  Devil
Dog, Mariah, and all the old gang are tap dancing away.
Pw. No-longer-Plump Violet - always to be a beloved hound of  Daphneyland
ATB 10/05/11

Dawn of the West
Slave to the Hounds
_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com)