[Dailydrool] Heartworm prevention [roducts

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 8 05:15:27 PDT 2011

"Also, we have decided to change Maggies heartworm meds so I would
appreciate some input off the drool as to what most of you use and what kind of
results you get, like skin reactions to the spot topical treatments ??
she is having bad reactions to the SENTINEL because it is beef based and she
is allergic to beef. he mentioned advantix ?????? is that right ??????
and revolution ??????"

Marlene, we use Advantage Multi for our dogs. None of them (all 23 of them) have ever had any problem. Our vet recommended Advantage Multi. It prevents heartworm, fleas, and intestinal parasites. It is less expensive than using two separate products for flea control and for heartworm prevention. It is also easier to use - just apply it between the shoulder blades. They don't have to have a separate pill for heartworm prevention. We live in the country and have had no flea problems since using it. I do not know, however, if it is beef based or not. You could check with your vet. We used to use Frontline and HeartGard. It was a pain using two different products every month. Good luck!
Brenda and the Thundering Herd