[Dailydrool] Allergy and ear wax question

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Mon Oct 10 13:34:02 PDT 2011

Schroeder's skin looks horrible over the past week.  The worst I've ever
seen it.

Ususally I treat his itchies and chewing with some spray I get at the
vet's office.

However, I spent some time combing the drool archives to read up on
everyone's post about itchies and allergies.

I noticed some people saying that their hounds are allergic to ckn.

Is this something that you test for, or was it trial and error?  Just
wondering....

We roasted a whole ckn last week for suppers and have been givng the
dogs left overs.  If he is allergic to ckn, I'm wondering if this extra
goody caused a flair up...

I'm just asking because he looks terrible, doesn't really want me to
touch him, it even seems like his ears are bothering him because he was
shaking his head a lot this weekend.  I normally clean his ears every
weekend. But he ran and buried himself in my legs when he saw me get the
stuff out.  Normally he rolls over on my legs when I sit down to do
this.  He didn't even want me to touch his ears.

Another I wanted to ask is about ear wax.  His ear wax has been real
sticky and yellow, not black and in clumps.  I use Biogroom ear cleaner.
His ears have seemed real sensitive when I have been cleaning them too.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide and sorry for the long
email.

We send lots of drool to all in need.

Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Apollo, Cash and Lucy

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.