[Dailydrool] Harness vs. No-Slip Collar

Kalli Fliger kalliflower1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 02:59:09 PDT 2011

I need some advice.  Since I got Fred at the age of 19 months, we've used a
no-slip collar on him, after several incidents where he pulled out of his
regular collar while we were on walks.  Fred is now 6 1/2 years old and I'm
worried about the effect all that tugging is having on his neck.  I've
recently read a little bit about the Premier Easy Walk Harness.  After doing
a little research, I see that it has gotten good reviews, but I was hoping
for some more basset oriented opinions.  I'd like to hear the good and the
bad so I can make an informed decision.  Has anyone had any experience with
their basset pulling out of this kind of harness?  The streets Fred and I
walk along are busy and I live in perpetual fear of him getting loose and
running in to traffic.  Any and all comments will be appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Kalli