[Dailydrool] Nigel on wheels!!!!????******######

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:24:57 PDT 2011

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyy!! Praise God and doG, there IS a light at the end of the
tunnel!!!! I can stop crying for awhile! Wow, these things really make you
stop and think. I know Quincy is so long in the body & his legs are so long
for a basset, and sometimes he'll limp if he's tweaked a leg coming off the
couch (or however it is that he does it). And while I have steps rigged up
for him to get on the main couch & on the bed, I do have stairs that go down
into the living room & up to the bedroom, so instead of making more steps, I
am going to make some ramps with carpeting on the top. I have also ordered
some supplements that are good for the bones, and I will teach that little
stinker to use the ramps if I have to buy a 40 pound bag of training treats
to do it! I have been baby gating the doorway to downstairs & am getting
another baby gate so that he can't erroneously go upstairs (I keep the
bedroom & bathroom doors closed anyway). They will have access to their
couch & beds in the main area & ramps to get up on the couch, and then they
have their access via doggie door to outside (where it's level). I know it's
easy to take for granted the health of our babies sometimes, but I am taking
NO chances. I can't even bear thinking about the consequences!!!

Nigel, you darling boy, I hope you know that every Drooler & hound out here
are sending you every ounce of drool & heartfelt caring & prayers that you
adjust to your wheels & can stay down here (where you belong mister!!!!) for
a long, long, long time! Bev, you are an inspiration to us all with your
love & strength!

Drool to Charlie Brown & family & to all who need it.

Don't forget to vote.  I've been using 2 browsers & my cell phone. We can do
this!~

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."