[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:34:15 PDT 2011

Hi veronica.  If you've said before how old Flash is, I've missed it.
But as I read your e-mail- and thank you for being thorough and
informative, that's always very helpful - the only thing that occurred
to me was that maybe he has a doggy version of alzheimer's?  I know
that some people with alzheimer's develop fixations.  I had a friend
whose mother, who lived with him, developed the absolute fixation that
his bassets were not being fed enough, so she would feed them things
out of the refrigerator - hotdogs, cheese - at 3 am while he was
asleep.  His dogs got immensely fat, and he and his vet were so
puzzled - the poor dogs were constantly on diet food, etc., they ran
bloodwork for thyroid problems - until he finally figured out what was
going on.  Once his mom finally went into a nursing home, his dogs
lost a bunch of weight.

Anyway, so it occurs to me that it's at least possible that Flash has
developed a similar fixation on water.  His brain has convinced him
that he is constantly thirsty, even though he obviously isn't.  That's
the only idea I had.  Best wishes to you both; I absolutely know how
frustrating it is to be constantly "riding the mop", as Debbie
Winchester says.