[Dailydrool] Miss Angela to Elsinore

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Fri Oct 14 12:21:34 PDT 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela directs me to send hearty congratulations to the
lovely Elsinore on her film debut.  She also has a few bits of
advice:
1.  Get representation.  Negotiate a contract which assures an
appropriate amount of screen time.  Cameo roles are good for
established stars but do little to help the young aspirant.

2.  Make sure that you are photographed from your good side.
It is not vanity to see that your best features are shown off to
best advantage.

3.  Find some little bit of shtick to throw in, so that when future
casting directors are considering someone for a new role, he
or she may say "Get me that lovely basset who.........."

4. Move as quickly as you can to serious work.  Commercials
and music videos are not as satisfying and lucrative as real
drama.  Keep your eye on the prize.

I think that she had a bit more advice, but I type so slowly that
she fell asleep.  She has been napping a huge part of the
day since I banged up my leg in a wood splitting accident and
haven't walked her lately.

Bill (How many colors can one ankle have?)
Angela (Hey, that's the color of raw meat!)