[Dailydrool] Stinky Kisses

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 08:25:43 PDT 2011

I love my bassets.  I love Ninja.  She is such a sweetie to me.  I decided
to take a nap yesterday.  Ninja always comes to join me.  We must be joined
by an invisible cord because she cannot stand to be out of sight.  Marley
was already there growling from under the bed.  Ninja couldn't seem to get
on the bed for some reason.  She wanted to get on by Marley but knew that
Marley would take a bite if she did.  Finally she got on the bed and then
wanted under the covers.  But first, she wanted to kiss me.  She gives the
sweetest little kisses and they have to be on the lips.  I am no too fond of
the lip part but she is such a sweetie when she isn't being Cujo.  Luckily I
moved just enough so she got my chin.  She had been in the cat box.  Blech,
Blech, Blech.  It was so gross.  She couldn't understand why I was not
amused.  I got over it and we never did go to sleep.  When I was mostly
there, a large spotted naughty whiney basset started yipping at the door.
Maggie was lonely and wanted to join the fun.  Never mind that she was
nowhere to be found when I went to lay down.  I just gave up and got up.
They are such pips at times.

I have now broken carpet shampooer #8 or so.  This is the newest and nicest
one.  The last one caught fire when I started it up in the house.  DH went
to work on it and it started belching smoke in the garage.  We bought a new
Hoover.  I am not impressed.  The brushes have stopped moving.  Broke the
whatever that makes them move.  We ordered a new set of brushes.  I have an
older one that doesn't seem to have much suction.  And I have the miracle
peeing machine named Shelby.  She forgets where she is half the time.  She
also tends to tell us after she pees and not before.  I hope my carpet will
last until the new brushes come in.  It will be a week.  I just love
bassets(said with a sarcastic twist).  I really do or else I would never put
up with them.

Sons left the closet door open where the biscuits are and between them they
ate the whole box and it was  a big box.  I can't wait for someone to leave
at times.  It may be me if they  keep doing such lovely things.  That is the
least of my worries with them.  Some children need a dose of their own
medicine.  I don't think I will ever get to see grandkids, not that there
will be any.

Maggie is yipping at the back door.  I don't know why such a big dog makes
such a little yippy sound like a little yippy dog.  She is a funny girl.

I have lost my voice.  The dogs think I am crazy.  The kids at school don't
do so well with a sub who cannot talk.  I am supposed to work 4 days this
week.  Whispering does not work well in a building with no walls. It should
be a lot of fun.

Have a great day.

Julie the voiceless with the stinky, whiney, peey, stealy, "sweet" little
bassets.  One cat is speaking to me but not Picasso.  He had another bath
and is quite put out.  That boy is a flea magnet.  Next up is shaving him.
He will not be amused.