[Dailydrool] old man on a ramp

Nancy Schaefer jonquil at attglobal.net
Sat Oct 15 14:26:03 PDT 2011

Hi, Nicole.  Having trouble convincing your old dog to use the ramp?  Try a
little bacon or other irresistible treat.   Worked for my old guys.  Also,
if your dog is slipping on the carpet ( I think I have that same ramp),
wetting the carpet with some water seems to give it more "tack" and will
make your dog more sure of his footing as he learns to use it.

Nancy, mom to Toby atb, Hadley atb and Casey atb (who never missed an
opportunity to train their mom to give them more yummy treats)