[Dailydrool] Dear Snoopy

Elizabeth Harmon harmone at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 15 15:45:11 PDT 2011

Dear Snoopy,

This be Maggie, high atop the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC.  I have a black lab/ rott mix in my world.  You must be firm with your subjects.  Eddie is a good boy, but you must let them know that you are the master of their universe.  I always get the best spot on the couch, first dibs on the food and it is always ME on mom's lap.  When mom tosses treats, if Eddie drops one, he doesn't even pick it up.  It is MINE!  Eddie will play fetch, but me, nope.  If they are dumb enough to throw something, let them go get it.  I'm not their slave.  Eddie is fun to play with, but really, he is not a basset hound.  He just wishes he was.

Maggie's mom here.  Maggie is telling the truth.  She rules Eddie with an iron fist.  If he gets her spot, she simply glares at him and he will move.  He will not even try to pick up a dropped treat, Maggie won't let him.  Have you ever seen a basset hound look down their nose at something?  I have.

Hopefully Snoopy will come around.  But if not, black labs are awesome dogs.

Elizabeth, Maggie and Eddie, the wannabe