[Dailydrool] DOG RAMPS

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 07:53:44 PDT 2011

we have been using dog ramps for years, our first Basset took to the ramp
like  Whoop pee, she was actually running through the house and hit the
tile floor in the hall way and slid down the ramp, she thought that was a
BLAST  and we couldn't keep her off it,  our miniature Dachshund also  had no
problem  with it,  Annie goes up and down without a problem,  but Maggie ( she
is 5 )  will only go DOWN the ramp and insist on coming up  the stairs.
try putting the ramp up against a wall , it makes them feel  more secure until
they get use to it. sometimes they are afraid because they  think they are
going to fall off, also use treats, my husband screwed   wooden cleats  on
to our ramp, it helps them with their footing that way  they don't slide down
so fast, also helps them when they are coming up

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags & Evil Annie

PS  did any droolers go to that Basset waddle yesterday in  Findlay OH  I
didn't even know anything about it until I read about it in  the paper today.