[Dailydrool] drool & coffee

kimberly harvey puppilicious at live.com
Tue Oct 18 03:28:02 PDT 2011

goo morning all of my fellow basset mommies & daddies. this is my favorite time of day. i sit on the computer with my pumpkin spiced hot coffee and read all of the wonderful, inspiring, educational and sometimes sad stories. i laugh & i cry & i learn. my maggie mildred is doing fine theses days. just recently we (i) decided to be more nutritionally responsible with her diet. she is 6 1/2 years old now. i have added pumpkin to her kibble in the morning and she actually likes it !! sometimes i throw in a cut up hot dog with 2 benadryl pills hidden in them and she's good to go. we (i) have eliminated chicken from her diet for a few weeks to see if that makes any change in her itchies. for dinner she likes any kind of canned beef food as long as it's chunks. sometimes an hour or 2 later she wants another can so i give it to her because i feel bad and think she's hungry. her digestive system has improved during this week with the pumpkin added. the family has strict orders not to feed her anything off of their plates !! my husband is the worst. she sits beside him and rests her chin on his leg and looks up at him. i say she has to go in the other room while we eat if you cannot refrain from feeding her. if you want to give her something, wait til your done and then go put in in her dish. as i write this i sound like a monster ! i really am not. i am trying to undo bad habits. (i quit smoking 22 months ago so i know habits can be quit) maggie is coming up on her senior years and i want her to be healthy and have a long full life. if anyone has any feedback, please give it to me straight (just be gentle). thank you, kimberly & maggie    have a great day everyone.