[Dailydrool] 2 out of 4 loved bassets deeply have passed.

IOWABASSETRESCUE iabassetrescue at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 22:07:44 PDT 2011

This has been a weriod year for the bassets at our rescue we have handled so many but  have one of my own bassets pass away its aweful experence. Mr Trouble Maker age 13 going on 14 in the morning passed away Saturday afternoon quietly underneth our grandfather clock we knew it was going to happen some day but did it have to happen while we were away at a pet expo for the rescue? Yup while we ere gone the others were at the pet park running and playing he hated that place.... Trouble. Was known for us was a basset who loved his family only no strangers, he loved children but no other adults, he welcomed every rescue in as if it was born right here in our house. He was our very devoted basset he even like to lay under the truck while fixing a tire or fixing something... We will miss him dearly but know he's in heaven with his beloved better half Miss Sunshine he morned for her everyday for 3 yrs we think she's the one who called him home beside our neibor Uncle Bud who passed last May as well.....We want to tell ya why we called him Trouble Maker. One sunny Oct we set out to receive a baby basset and fell deeply in love with a almost white basset with aheart one his side and when we went to leave the truck would not start and the kids got out forgot. To shut the door and here pops out. Of the truck Trouble and goes staight into the corn field about 5 miles in we caught him and the truck started and off we went home. Next day after coming home from work and school we found him laying under the chair with amouth ful of kennel yup he ate his way out off t the vet we go, half hour later Trouble had bit the vet cause vet want to exray his stomac and he wanted no part in that......We took him home atched him grow into a fine basset we had lots of chewed items t home like cellphones.  Reading Glasses cords newspapers and so on and that's how he go his name....Thanks for understanding my long note.... we send drool to all in need...