[Dailydrool] weight

kimberly harvey puppilicious at live.com
Wed Oct 19 01:30:10 PDT 2011

good morning. when we god brought maggie to us at the age of 2 she weighed only 45 lbs. as the years went by , her weight went up to 65 lbs. her vet said that was ok but she could lose a couple lbs. last vet visit a couple of months ago, she weighed in at 55 lbs.her vet was so happy and said she is a good weight for her size. i'm not quite sure how she lost 10 lbs. but now that i am aware, i am making more educational and nutritional choices of what she eats. because yes, i want her to be around forever.
     i can remember being a little girl and having a dream that when i grew up i was going to have a big house and i was going to have 2 basset hounds, mildred and barney. now where that dream came from i don't know. i didn't have a basset when i was a child. mabye i saw a picture of one somewhere. anyway, that one wish for my life has stuck with me all these years. one day my daughter came home from school and said her teacher is giving away a basset hound. well, i went to the school the very next day and told him we would love to give her a home. her name was maggie and she looks like a maggie so we call her maggie mildred. i have yet to find my barney. anyone that knows me knows that basset hounds are my passion. i wish/hope that one day i can have a home with a big fenced in yard so that i can adopt a basset when they need a home and a family, like we did with maggie.
      have a nice day to all. human and basset. kimberly & maggie