[Dailydrool] Scrub brush

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:38:05 PDT 2011

Marley is on the couch next to me.  We sometimes call her the scrub brush.
Her fur is rough and sometimes sparse on her backside.  She is going gray,
even on her back.  Right now she is snoring next to me.  All is right in her
world.  Her belly is full and she can sleep to her heart's content.
However, all is not right in Ninja's world.  She is in the baby bed curled
up in as tight a ball as she can make herself.  She is not happy because the
scrub brush is in her place.  She won't challenge it, though, because Marley
would come out snapping.  We got Marley right after we got Ninja.  They
could be like sisters but don't cuddle up or love like them.  But then maybe
they do love like sisters.  Having four female bassets, I guess we get along
pretty well.  I just happen to love my beagle sounding scrub brush.

We have not had any kitty poo kisses lately, thank goodness.  We try to stop
that before it happens but sometimes aren't fast enough.  Shelby is quite a
stinker in the kitty box arena too.  She is silent but effective.  She will
have been here three years at the end of December.  She will be 16ish or
is.  She is an old trooper.  I never expected her to be here this long.  She
is such a funny old thing.  She is happy with her bowl, her pillow and her
treats.  And her belly rubs.  What more could a girl ask for?  Ok, a steak
now and then would be good or a roast.  A girl can dream can't she?

Snooters and drools to all from NInja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby and Julie