[Dailydrool] dremel diets and mishgun

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:00:32 PDT 2011

My mom got sprung today and is back home with instructions to rest for 3 weeks. She has double pneumonia and they will follow the IV anitbiotics she's had while in the hospital with pills for the next 3 weeks as well. Thank you everyone for your emails- I will answer you.
We are not going to mishgun this weekend. I am sorry to miss it and to miss seeing everyone.

Diet- ( my own opinions follow...) if you are buying a diet kibble for your hound and the first ingredient is corn or another grain- it's crap! Buy something not diet- just decent- and something that has meat for the main ingredient. www.dogfoodadvisor.com can help you choose food and has a calculator that helps you figure out how much to feed. To help with weight loss- replace 1/2 the kibble of one feeding with no salt canned green beans. Replace 1/3 of the other feeding with the beans also ( if you feed twice daily). This fills up the hound and aids in weight loss. Buy itty bitty teeny milkbones. You can still give lots of treats- but only a few calories each. The hounds generally do not care that the treat is tiny- they care how many.  Veggies for treats if your hound will eat them are great! Most fruit too- bananas are good and a bit filling as well.
Dremels- I'm not sure what the number is of the drum bits that I use on my dremel- but one will last through many many nails. I do lots of them and go months before I have to replace them. Will try to find that info out- memory says maybe 220??
Tramadol- is horrid tasting. Here I give it in cream cheese. Completely surrounded and the hand that takes the pill out- does not touch the cheese ( so as to not transfer the taste to the cheese). I have taken it and can tell you it tastes nasty!
droolies, Angelika