[Dailydrool] Now we are three!

Sue Pearson suesbassets at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 03:13:37 PDT 2011

With Winnie being 15 I have known for some time that a successor was on the
cards but I was going to wait until she crossed the bridge. Well there on
the website for the rescue I got Fred from was a female the same age as Fred
with the same light eyes. You can guess the next bit, a trip to south Wales
and Olivia or Livvy for short now lives with us. She is very small and
underweight with it with extremely bad skin. She has to have 2 baths a week
(medicated) and the same skin pills as Winnie, she only weighs 17.4 kg
whereas Fred is upto 25 kg and has had his food intake cut! Being small she
doesn't take up much room but she doesn't put up with Winnies bully tactics
and fights back, Winnie is not used to this and keeps trying to take treats
off her.
I know walking 2 bassets attracted attention but three has people I have
never seen before stopping to talk. One thing I could do with advice on is
how do you stop them from plaiting their leads together as they have become
masters at this.
Sue
Winnie (I may be old but I can take her)
Fred (she seems OK and she does bully me)
Livvy (its nice here)