[Dailydrool] overweight dogs

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 04:05:22 PDT 2011

"If your dog is overweight then you are not getting enough exercise."  I
don't know if I read this here or somewhere else, but I think this is
great.
When we switched to home cooking for the dogs all three of them lost 10
lbs. each.  I was never told they needed to lose weight by their doctor
but as soon as they did the doctor said how great they looked.  I
thought Radar was too skinny so I am putting 5 lbs. back on him.  They
each lost about a pound a week and have now stopped losing.  They get
walked almost every day and play like crazy once a day.  I agree that
some dogs have health issues and that's why they are overweight just
like some people, but if that's not the issue then there is no excuse to
have an overweight dog...in my opinion.  The more veggies you feed them
the fuller they feel.  Steam them and mix into the food.  Stay away from
sugary veggies and fruit because the dogs don't need the extra carbs,
even though they are natural sugars...just what I've learned.
Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Mollie the Bloodhound