[Dailydrool] Colors dogs can see

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:31:24 PDT 2011

According to what I have read, and what I remember (which may not be the
same things, so read this with a caveat) dogs see reds,yellows and oranges
as light yellow, and greens, blues and purples as pale blue to gray. They
also do not have the same ability to see detail and if you could test them
with an eye chart they would appear to be nearsighted.
This is what I remember.
They do see color but it is not quite the same as what we see.
However with the scenting ability of a Basset, I would suspect strongly that
a Basset can tell the difference between one pill of one strength and a
second pill of a different strength, because the odor would be slightly
stronger or weaker. Not anything WE could measure with our noses, but
probably pretty obvious to the dog.
Or, maybe he can tell the difference in the bottles, or the way you act. But
pink is not a color dogs can see according to what I saw in this article
awhile back.
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper