[Dailydrool] more on pills

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:22:34 PDT 2011

If you have more than one hound- pill giving can be easier. Even if only one needs pills. Hounds tend to gobble if there are more then one waiting for a treat- so hide the pill and give it to the victim and the others get 'blanks'.
Something else that has worked for me is to have three pieces of whatever it is I am giving. Give the first piece- let hound clearly see the other two. Hand over the second one ( this on has the pill) and quickly offer the third piece- makes them gulp the second one.
Elvis is very good about taking his cream cheese gob with pills, he takes quite a few and never chews much of anything anyway- he just swallows. Ms.Brandy used to be a real pain. I used every trick in the book to get her to take pills. Sometimes I simply had to resort to shoving them down her throat. Her last couple of months I was using Reese's peanut butter cups ( pieces of one) to hide pills in. I figured the pills were more important than the tiny bit of chocolate she was getting.
Slinging heart healing drool to those who have lost furbabies this last week or so. I am so behind I fear I will never catch up with private notes.
droolies, Angelika