[Dailydrool] Update on my Flash who was down in the rear

Nicole Haase nicole.haase at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:05:23 PDT 2011

Everybody will be thrilled to hear that Flash is walking today!

I woke up to find him in the kitchen - not knowing how he got there, since
he hasn't left the bedroom without help since he went down.

He apparently had been trying to get outside and I didn't hear him, because
he had peed on the floor. No worries - my fault - I started to clean it up.

Seems he got bored with my cleaning, because he stood up and walked back to
the bedroom! Like it was no big deal! And lest we think it was a fluke, he
did it again this afternoon. I was in tears I was so excited.

Clearly this is good news, but we know things can still turn sour, so we're
just taking it one day at a time. But this is an amazing development and
we're just so happy. The vet thought this was a highly unlikely outcome, so
we're just thrilled.

So thank you everybody for the notes and kind thoughts and drool - clearly
they worked! Keep sending them, please! We can only hope he continues to get
better from here.

I could do cartwheels around the living room. On Monday I was sent home
because I couldn't stop crying for thinking Flash was going to need to be
put down and here we are with him walking. Please, please, please let him be
ok from here.

Thanks everyone
Nicole with Flash and Betsy

--