[Dailydrool] incontinent pads

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:12:07 PDT 2011

In the past couple of weeks, with help from the Drool I have become quite
well=versed in protecting surfaces. Altho they are not as nice-- not as
absorbent at all-- but definitely everything-proof are the big 5x5foot
"Reaves Butyl II leakproof drop clothes QUICK DROP" paint drop cloth.
They are very thin but if you wash them a couple of times they soften up and
you can cut them to fit if you want. I use them as underpinnings-- I wrap
them around the fluffy, comfy pad I am using and throw an old blanket that
can be washed on top of it. For nursing stuff I throw one over a dog bed and
put Nigel there. He is comfortable and the bed is protected so I do not have
to wash the BEDS at least.
These are very cheap. John buys them for me so I am not sure what they cost
but he wouldn't buy 3 or 4 at a time otherwise. And he would complain, altho
not a lot.

Maybe someone on the Drool can remind me of the correct way to flush a
drain. For the life of me, I cannot really remember, altho I thought I knew,
I am having a horrible time with this damn drain in his neck. I think I am
supposed to put the flush directly into the drain but the drain is small and
the flush bottle large and they don't fit so I spray betadine all over the
place which, since it stains, is not good. I hate to admit to Doc that I
have FORGOTTEN. Or is it that they did not provide the right utensils? (I
had to ask for a syringe to get the gentacin/saline out of the bag to inject
as I remove the catheter. They must have thought everyone had this stuff
laying around the kitchen...) (Actually, most of us do.)
MomPerson, losing her mind and her sleep but keeping her dog.

Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper