[Dailydrool] Ginny "and" Dottie the guard dog

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 20:19:05 PDT 2011

Dottie does the same thing as Ginny, but we don't go to dog  parks. Not for
that reason, just because Dottie's front legs are so  crooked.  Dottie
really really does not like the neighbor dog, at all! A  samoyed. This Sammy is
a very neurotic hyper dog, and I don't think Dottie  likes fast moving dogs.
The first Sammy the neighbor had, Dottie loved her  to pieces. This one, if
they are in an area within 6 feet, Dottie just lunges,  she doesn't even
growl. And the Sammy will fight back. Dottie is a real  sweetheart, we
couldn't love her anymore then we do, but we do have to be  cautious.  There just
seems to be some dogs, that they do not like.   Though it does seem to be,
more so when we are around.
During the summer we play a lot of dominoes with the neighbor,  but Dottie
and her dog cannot be in the same area, they all want to lay under  the
table, and immediate fighting will begin. Dottie has never even once, shown  any
aggression towards Honey, but she does like to keep Scooby our black lab,
in  line at least every other day, yet she loves to run outside with her.
Scooby can be way across the room, Dottie can be laying in her chair, with
one  eye open, growl so slightly, and Scooby goes in the other room. Talk
about  control, and submission, thank goodness.  My only remedy is we keep
Dottie  and the Sammy away from each other, they are ok, if they are at opposite
ends of  the yard, but it''s just not worth the tension it puts on us, or
Dottie.
Maybe it's just like people, sometimes not all neighbors get  along either,
I am stumped.  And I want to keep Dottie  safe..........
Barbie, sweet sweet Honey, submissive Scooby and Guard dog  Dottie.

In a message dated 10/23/2011 4:58:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,