[Dailydrool] Tinkerbell

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 18:49:08 PDT 2011

We rescued Tinkerbell from the North Kansas City Animal Control in 2005 she
was a petite Basset girl seven years old at the time given away by her back
yard breeder owners because she was not producing enough puppies since she
was so old. I do not think she had ever spent time outside of a crate, she
was not housetrained when we got her and she seemed to wonder what grass
was. She was adorable though, and after she was spayed we advertised her for
adoption but Tinkerbell was happy in her new foster home with Carlene, she
ruled the roost there and she became Carlenes forever foster. Late last year
early this year she was having more and more troubles and we found out she
had cancer. She never knew she was sick until this past Wednesday. She did
not feel like eating Wednesday but had been fine the day before, we took her
in to the vet to get checked out and she had a huge tumor in her abdomen.
She told us it was time to leave for the bridge Carlene held her lovingly
and sent her on her way. Although Tinkerbell was actually our  dog, (WMBRI)
Carlene was her mom and treated her like a princess. Fairwell Tinkerbell,
say hi to Elder Clara and enjoy the buffet. We will miss you Tinkerbell!