[Dailydrool] Foster Success!

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:13:15 PDT 2011

Well, my friends & family never thought it would happen, but I am an
official foster success! My foster boy, Mugsy (Sir Mugsalot) has found his
forever home. Yep, I shed some tears & I miss the big moose but I am so
happy for him & I feel such joy that he has found a found with such a
wonderful couple, Dianne & Gary. They love Bassets and Gary has been around
them all his life. They are great rescue people and their last two they
rescued from horrible circumstance and nursed them back to health. They lost
their oldest back in the spring and had looked Mugsy's picture then but
wanted to see if they could be a one dog household. But we all know that
Bassets are like Lays Potato Chips, you can't have just one! Their
8-year-old boy, Stitch, was lonely so they decided to see if Mugsy was still
available, and he was.

They came over on Sunday & brought Stitch & the two boys hit it off. Mugsy
(who I confess is a big, mushy wussy) rolled over on his back in front of
Stitch; it was so cute. We took a walk around the block and I think they
just fell in love with the big moose. Sometime down the road when Mugsy is
all settled in & totally at home, I'll go visit but I want him to get
accustomed to his new family. I'm happy to report that Mugsy is a big hit
with their grandkids (he's such a love muffin), and he was also taken to a
Scouts meeting where he was a big hit. Mugsy is going to be a social
butterfly. I couldn't be happier for him & he couldn't have found a more
warm & loving home. Quincy misses his big brother (much to Cleo's chagrin)
but I have promised him that a new foster buddy will come along soon enough.

Keep the voting coming for the SC Basset Crew! Get your 2012 calendars &
please get a ticket or two (or 12) for the Woofle. Drool to all in need.

And Nigel, here's your new anthem, everyone sing along: "Get your motor
runnin', head out on the highway, born to be willllllddddd!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."